Friday, March 23, 2012

We are having......

We are having TWINS!!!!  What a wonderful experience.  It still doesn't even seem real to me.  Dr. S was not there he was on vacation so Dr. Burwinkle did my ultrasound.  He was the one who did my final scan before retrieval.  One pregnancy sac popped up right away.  I was worried because I have had a sac before with nothing in it.  I asked right away is there a baby in it.  He chuckled and said yes.  Then he continued to look around my and all of a sudden he found another sac.  Then he said no maybe that is the first one.  A little more manipulating and he said oh no there are two sacs.  The second one is just hiding up against the side wall.  I was happy but wanted to see heartbeats and then I would be able to breath.  Baby A was front and center baring everything to see easily.  He saw a heartbeat right away.  I never knew a little white blob moving back and fourth could bring such joy.  Next to try and find Baby B's heartbeat.  Baby B was not as proud to show HIS stuff.  Yes baby B was being the trouble maker so he will definitely be the boy I joked with Dr. B.  Finally Dr. B was able to see it.  Tears of pure joy ran down may face and the first thing I did was thank God out loud.  Then Dr. B said lets see if we can hear their heartbeats.  Using the doppler I was able to hear both heartbeats.  Baby B's was not as strong but he is the smaller of the two.Which is totally normal.    It is amazing Baby A only measures 5 mm and to be able to see and hear heartbeats is just an amazing thing.  They are soo small.  Of course I have ultrasound pics I will try and post them.  I tried to post pics of embryos but the camera wouldn't pick up the tiny pic.  I'll try though.

Sigh of relief for the moment but where do we go from here?  Miscarriage is obviously a huge fear for me.  Dr. B said I can relax now my chance of miscarriage is 5%.  There is a condition called a vanishing twin.  This happens in about 10% of pregnancies.  One of the babies heart stops beating and my body would just absorb the baby.  I would not bleed and the only way we would be able to detect it is on ultrasound.  Dr. B said both babies look great though and he has no concerns.  My due date is Nov 6th.  Yesterday I was officially 6weeks 5 days pregnant.  It really hasn't even sunk in that these babies are really mine and I am really going to be a Mom!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations! So happy for you and continued prayers for a healthy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Brooke!!! Ahhh!! I told you it would be twins! Your experience sounds EXACTLY like mine! You probably were in the same room as me!! I will call you this weekend!! Go out and celebrate this weekend!! Twins are already so much fun!! I can now feel each babies movement. You are in for so much joy!!! Woo Hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Brooke!!! What fabulous news!! Over the moon for all FOUR of you!!!

    ReplyDelete