Wednesday, April 4, 2012

8.5 weeks First Ob appt

On Monday April 2nd (of course I chose a date with a two in it) I went to my Ob for what they call a pregnancy confirmation appointment.  First an ultrasound and then to meet with the doctor.  I invited my mom and sister along to see the little miracles.  I get sooo nervous that something is going to be wrong.  I asked the tech to let me see heartbeats as soon as she could for both babies so I could enjoy seeing my little bundles of joy.  I was so scared last ultrasound I don't think I really enjoyed looking at them.  Right away she saw Baby A's heartbeat it was going so fast that white little flutter.  Then Baby B same rapid heartbeat.  Then to the doppler we heard both heartbeats.They were so much stronger this time.  Both babies had 177 heartrate.  Nice and strong.  Baby A and Baby B both measure 2cm now.  She said it's good that both babies are the same size and have their own sacs.  There is also a membrane that separates the twins and that was visible as well.  All very healthy things happening.  The most amazing thing to me was that at one point Baby A actually moved I say she waved at mommy! TEE HEE! They say that the babies personalities are visible on ultrasound and I believe it.  I feel bad for Baby B everytime we get ultrasound pictures there are like 3 of baby A and only 1 of baby B.  Baby A is the more outgoing one for sure already.   It is so amazing to see how much they have grown in just a week and a half.  The tech and my doctors say everything looks great and she sees no signs of danger.  I am starting to relax slightly.  Everytime I see them and they get stronger I feel better. I did have a little bleeding spot in my utereus they said probably where implantation occured.  Nothing to worry about but I may have a little spotting and not to worry if that happens. I laughed and said any sign of blood and I will be in here faster than you can imagine.   I will leave nothing to chance.

As for symptoms I am very lucky.  I am tired but not sick at all.  At about 4 am I do get an acidy heartburn sometimes nauseous feeling.  A few crackers or water usually takes care of it.  I am experiencing some constipation though.  Noone tells you about that little fun fact.

As for Travis he is still in shock over the whole twin thing. He is coming around to the idea of two.  It never even really crossed our mind that both would take until my first beta numbers came back high.  He is busy thinking about all the things we need to do to make the house baby friendly.  Just simple little things like carpet in the basement and turning one of the rooms into a play room.  He is nesting in his own way.

My next ultrasound is April 16th.  I do need prayers for a friend of mine who is struggling with a very serious condition associated with an IVF cycle that has sent her to the hospital for a week and is threatening to put her back there.  All your prayers worked for me now she needs our prayer chain.  Thanks for your continued prayers and support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment