Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another 2ww

Sunday I went to church and was so excited to share my news with pastor Dan.  The congregation at Lakeland church has been praying for Travis and I and I couldn't wait to tell him the good news as well as ask him to keep the prayer chain going.  We are not out of the woods yet by any means.  I am have been very tired so I came home and took a nap after church. I have to say I am not getting much done around the house.  I really don't care.  My body needs rest and that is what it's gonna get.

Off for the second blood draw.  They lab opens at 7 am and you can bet your bottom dollar I was there at 7.  the sooner I go the sooner I get the results.  Surprisingly I had a calm about me as I walked through the doors.  Although I worry I still have a good feeling about this pregnancy.  I hope I am right!  I called 2hours later to get my results.  My beta was 1602.  I had hear repeat it.  That was awful high.  We were suppose to double every two days.  Granted it was three days but still it should have only been around 1000.  I think I don't know for sure.  I have a panic attack and think OMG what if one of them split and we have triplets.  I texted Katie for a little counseling.  She quickly assured me probably twins but no triplets.  I'll have to wait for the nurse to call.

The nurse finally called later that afternoon and told me that my beta was strong but doesn't necessarily mean twins we won't know that until ultrasound.  Which she scheduled for Mar 22nd.  Another 2 it's our good luck number.  She also told me I could cut my progesterone down to only twice a day.  I told her I was really nervous about this.  Why go changing things everything is working lets not rock the boat.  She assured me it would be fine.

Of course I called back today and spoke with another nurse just to make sure that cutting my progesterone was gonna be ok.  I asked her if people with normal HCG sometimes don't see a heartbeat.  She said it does happen but my beta was strong and I should think good thoughts.  It seems like another eternity before Mar 22nd.  I am trying to remain positive.  God is still in control and guiding us.  We have never had a beta double so this is positive.  We will stay with that thought for now.

3 comments:

  1. I had those exact questions and then I would call and talk to a different nurse just to make sure their answers matched! Their responses were exactly the same!! Too funny! This 2ww seemed like a lifetime to me while we were waiting for the first scan! Trust me it will all be worth it. Everything will eb ok. With a number that high, you have nothing to worry about! My IVF friends assured me with my high numbers everything was going to be ok Hang in there and keep praying. The best is yet to come! Pretty soon you will be seeing your peanut(s)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict twins!! Keeping you guys in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I predict twins too!! YAY!! Our fingers are crossed. I've been following all of your journeys (Katie x2 and Brooke) as I have walked my own journey too. I have to start blogging again soon now that we have a duo on the way too...here is my address - http://milehighmatrimony.blogspot.com/. I WILL work on it so check it sometime soon!! Keeping all you ladies in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete