Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday and I awoke at 5 am with of course the urgency to pee like I hadn't gone in 3 days when it really had been only 6 hours never the less my bladder was full and calling.  So was the pregnancy test I had bought the day before.  I laid there debating weather or not to take the test.  Travis did not want me to take a HPT.  It just makes you crazy and your levels aren't high enough to give you a positive yet just wait. My response," I am tired of waiting and what if it's positive we will know that much sooner."  This discussion took place last Sunday.  I never said I wasn't going to test.  I debated for a long time if it was negative I would have a crummy bday if it was positive what a great story to be able to tell our child/children.  Well you guessed the HPT won out in the debate.  I peed on the stick again.  As I replaced the cap it started to look like it was negative but a faint positive was coming across.  I went out of the bathroom and into my bedroom waited a couple seconds and went back into the bathroom.  It was positive faint but positive.  I figured I would be lucky to even get a faint positive. I tried to call Travis and his phone was off.  I couldn't contain myself I had to tell someone.  I wanted to call my mom but she works night and would have only gotten 5 hours of sleep at this point and I probably shouldn't wake her.  Then I decided she would want to awaken to news like this.  I called her sleepy voice answered.  I told her the news we both cried I was still in shock!!  Hung up tried to call Travis again still no luck.  So I laid back down in bed I had to work at 8 in the morning and then go the restaurant that night so I needed to get some sleep.  The wheels were spinning out of control.  I wanted to get a blood beta to confirm that I really was pregnant and actually get a level.  I was going to go in between jobs but then I remembered the lab opened at 7.  I could get there have a blood draw and be at work by 8.  Got dressed and off I went.  Finally Travis called at 6:15.  I told him our good news.
At this point I am crying because it is starting to set in WE ARE PREGNANT!!  He of course approaches it with the same apprehension as I do.  We have been pregnant 4 times before and unsuccessful so it is really hard to get excited.

I had my blood draw and then off to work waiting waiting for the results.  This waiting game sucks no matter what you feel like you are always waiting for something!  I had the results faxed to my office and my mom went to get them.  She texted me your HCG is 351.7 is that good.  My jaw dropped.  That is a a high beta for 9 days post transfer.  I texted her back well from what I know it should be between 50 and 100 at this point.  I don't know maybe twins.  We did put two embryos in and Dr. S is the miracle man.  My nurse from Ohio called and left me a message confirming that I was pregnant with a very strong beta.  She also confirmed it should be about 100 at this point.   I had some many questions I had to call her back.  I am so wondering what Dr. S is thinking at this point.  I wish I could talk to him.  I know he is over the moon for us.  He did his part now it is up to my body and God to do the rest.

I spoke with the nurse she said we will repeat my Beta on Monday to make sure it doubles.  Of course this is scary because every time I have a repeat beta it never doubles and we know the pregnancy is not viable.  I am staying positive and hoping for the best.  After that she said we would schedule an ultrasound to hopefully hear the babies heartbeat. I asked her if there was something in my blood that made her say hopefully and she said no it's just always a possibility that we can't hear the heartbeat.   March 19th I would be six weeks along God willing.  There is a possibility that the heartbeat would not be strong enough to hear at that point.  I think we have decided to wait until the following week just to make sure.  I wouldn't be able to handle it if there was any doubt.  Plus that would mean another drive back to Cinci.  She said we could get a scan here.  NO WAY.  I have had nothing but good news from Cinci and I am not changing a thing now.

As for how I am feeling.  I am getting a good 8- 9 hours of sleep a night but can't stay up past 9o'clock.  My eyes burn I am so tired.  A little bit more hungry than usual nothing to extreme though.  The nurse said I could go back to working out spin body pump the whole 9 yards but that makes me to nervous.  I have decided to give it another week and see how I feel about it then.  Please keep prayers coming we are not out of the woods yet.  God is obviously listening to all of us and remember he is good!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday!!! I am OVER THE MOON happy for you!! Sending happy thougths and prayers from Gurnee and can't wait to hear about your numbers! My hubby and I are 17 weeks with twins and I gotta say .... my beta wasn't that high first test! :-) I am so happy for you!! What a fantastic weekend...keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great beta! Hoping for more good news. :)

    ReplyDelete