Saturday, February 18, 2012

Octomom?

Yesterday was a great day.  We had our egg retrieval yesterday.  It was breeze compared to my last one.  I hate going under but my nurse was so nice and kind.  They didn't sedate me nearly as heavily as in the past. It was nice I was out of it but could still talk and they told me everything as they were doing it.  It is always such great experience.  I have been so at ease  through this whole process.  It has been such a positive experience.  I cannot tell you how glad I am we chose to go to Cinci!  Dr. S actually did my retrieval I asked him for his autograph now that he is famous from his appearance on the today show.  He laughed and said he would sign my forehead.  Retrieval was great we got 13 follicles.  I had an easy recovery and we were on our way home.  I had no cramping it was amazing.  I had asked for a script for Vicoden because the last retrieval was so painful but I didn't take but two doses of asprin.

My nurse called this morning to let me know 8 eggs fertilized.  That's over half we are soo happy!! We are hoping for a day 5 transfer but I could possibly need to be back in Cinci on Monday.  They are going to call at 5:15 Monday morning to let me know.  Dr. S is going to be putting two embryos in no matter what the quality.  Travis and I are already wrapping our minds around twins just in case.  He does have 100 percent success rate with us Chicago couples he says.

Right now I am on a steroid to decrease my immune response to the embryos so they have a better chance of implanting. Also taking progesterone but not shots.  Another bonus.  Love it.  Those Progesterone shots were so painful.   So right now we are coasting along praying for good things to happen.  

1 comment: