Thursday, February 16, 2012

God is guiding

I had my ultrasound and blood draw on Monday at FCI.  I was there for 50 minutes which caused me to be late for work.  I was a little frustrated no I m not going to lie I was a lot frustrated because Friday I made a special trip because there was some paper work I needed to sign to be an outside monitoring patient instead of a regular FCI patient.  I had called on Thursday to make sure everything and I was told it was.  When I got there on Fri the women I normally deal with was out sick.  The replacement had to find the right paper work even though it was suppose to be there.  Then on Monday when I got there she couldn't find it and I had to redo it after I already waited 40 minutes for ultrasound and blood.  Needless to say I was not happy. 

The good news is the nurse called that afternoon with my results.  My estrogen was 999 and I had 12 follicles.  She said "you are cooking" we need to slow things down so they reduced my gonal to 112.  She said Dr. S wanted another ultrasound on Wed.  I asked if he wanted it there or at FCI.  He said if he had his way he would like us in Cinci.  Not another thing needed to be said we are leaving nothing to chance this time.  I scheduled an appointment for today.  I was a little concerned because my lead follicle was 16 already and others were only 12 and 8.  She said not to worry sometimes these things can be subjective and thats why Dr would like to see you here. 

It was quite the whirlwind but we made it to Cinci. I love Travis for some many different reasons one of which being his driving theories.  He wanted us to leave at 3:30 to avoid traffic.  So we did.  It was fine with me I couldn't sleep anyways.  I did manage a nap in the truck.  One of the side effectsof all these drugs I am on is sleepiness.  I also have to go to the bathroom a lot and feel what I describe as growing pings.It is so weird I can actually feel the follicles growing in my ovaries.  I am pretty bloated and have gained about 3 pounds.

Ultrasound went well. The doctors do their own ultrasounds.  They are so hands on and involved in your treatment it really puts you at ease.   Dr. S wasn't there but Dr. B was very happy.  After he got done with the right ovary he said well that would have been enough but we have a whole another ovary to go.  During the whole ultrasound he talked to us and was so happy with our results.  Final numbers are. We have 13 follicles measuring from 20 to 14.  He said we are definatley ready to go. We were expecting a Saturday retrevial but Ovidral will be tonight and Friday is retrevial so I should be back to "normal" shortly.

As I woke up this morning I prayed for God to guide us on this trip.  I truley feel like he reveals himself in others.  When we checked into the hotel the women at the front desk was most friendly and asked us why we were in Cinci.  Of course I shared our story and she shared with us how she had given up one of her children for adoption and had prayed to god about the decesion long and hard and she would pray for us. I told her the more prayers we have the better and thanked her.  Next thing you know she upgraded us to a suite.  I love Cinci the people here are wonderful and are just so caring and down to earth.  I truley feel they have a God based living. 

Now I am at the end of my entry and can't come up with a title it's the hardest part for me so I just told Travis he has to come up with the name this time.  I am still waiting!!!  He can't do it either he said.  Guess it's up to me again.     

1 comment: