Friday, August 26, 2011

The Good and the Bad

Life has been busy posting flyers and trying to get golfers. We had a little bit of a disappointing week one of my very close friends and her husband will not be able to attend.  Also other friends of ours have commitments for that weekend as well.  On the bright side Delany Dental has been overly supportive.  They have donated two in office bleaching sessions.  Dr. Shapira put together a press release in sleep and medicine journal.  Bless his heart he has more on his plate then anyone can imagine and yet he still found time to do this for us.  Dr. Amidei is also very busy being the general contractor for our new office in Gurnee and he has been busy spreading the word as well .  He took flyers to the Gurnee Rotary.  I always knew I was fortunate to work with two dentists who are superior in their field and truley care about there staff but they have gone above and beyond for me personally.  We are hoping that all these leads will produce some golfers for us.  That seems to be the area we are struggling with.

Emotionally I have had a rough week.  I tend to be a pefectionist as well as a worry wart.  I am worried the event won't be a success.  People won't donate etc....  Plus I think it really hit me that we are going to be going through fertility treatments again and that is always a stressful time.   I am also feeling like I am not giving Travis the attention he needs as well.  One lesson I learned from previous treatments is I get all consumed with whats going on with me and forget about him.  I am trying to be very mindful of his feelings and not deserting him as a wife. I am trying to balance work B4b and being a wife.  It is very exciting don't get me wrong but stressful as well.  I just keep reminding myself to enjoy this because before I know it will be over.  It kind of reminds me of a wedding tons of planning and stress and then the day comes and you wish it could last longer.   

We are headed done to Tamarack today to meet with Todd.  It was difficult to find a time to meet between his schedule and ours.  We live an hour and half away from each other. He graciously accommodated our schedule. I am hoping he can put some of my fears at bay.  I will keep you posted!  Tommorow we are headed to the Brewers vs Cubs game.  Don't care who wins just looking forward to spending some time with Travis and family should be fun.  One of my favorite parts is when Bernie goes down the slide into a mug of beer.  Have to rejoice in the simple things in life some times. 

Thanks to Jandee Salons, Dr. Freund and staff, Lake Forest Hospital and Salutos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment