Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let the word be spread

Now that the shock has worn off it was time to get down to business.  We needed to make this event a success.  I enlisted the help of my mom Beth and dad Bob to help brainstorm where we could start to hanging flyers and possibly ask for donations and sponsorships.  Both my mom and I made special frames to hold the flyers so that it looked a bit more professional than just a flyer hanging.  Hopefully I will be able to put them in as a donation at the event.  I have to say they turned out really cute.  Once I get better at this maybe I can post a picture so you can see them. Of course that will require the help of Katie last years winner.  I have only spoken to her once but from that fifeteen minute conversation I can tell she is someone I want to get to know better.  It is funny how sometimes you just get the right feel.  I definitely get that from eveyone I have been in contact with so far!  I was pretty proud of myself  for the picture frames and had fun doing it.  I also ordered cards that would go next to the flyer so that people could have the information to take with them.  For the places I felt it was appropriate I hand wrote a story about my journey.  Little did I know that each one of those books would take me two hours to write.  I felt it was important for people to know my story if they were going to donate to Birdies for Babies.   I have been getting very little sleep because I am constanlty thinking of ways to promote the event.  Any suggestions are certainley welcome my brain is getting tired.  So we would like to thank the people who have allowed us to promote the event in their businesses.  Dr. Wells, Dr. Wascow in Mundelein, Delany Dental Care in Gurnee, Weichs Inn in Mundelein, Graffeti Cafe in Lake Bluff and Lake Forest OBGYN and Bella Babies.  Your support means the world to us.  Thank you to those of you that offered suggestions and tips fom past outings.  Didn't know if you wanted to be mentioned by name but you know who you are. 

On Friday FCI called to use two of my quotes for their newsletter so you can watch for that as well.  Travis has been great. I can tell he is getting more and more excited about sharing our news.  My husband is a very private person so this was a huge thing for him to share.  I on the other hand have no problem sharing our story and helping anyone that needs advice, words of encourgement whatever I am here to help.  I apologize that my posts are not as frequent as I would like but there is a lot of work I must do for the event I will keep you posted as much as I can.  Feel free to visit www.golfinvite.com/bfb to sign up to golf or donate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment