Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sometimes you wonder if anyones listening

We meet with Todd and Melissa two weeks ago to discuss the ins and outs of the golf outing.  They are so sweet and reassuring.  They really made me feel at ease about everything. I continued on asking for donations and spreading the word to anyone I could.  Last week Dr. Shapira did a press release and within 72 hours 17,000 people had read it.  I was so excited I figured this would definatley bring in some donations and golfers.  Nothing!

This week two of the bigger organiztions that I asked for donations denied us.  I have to be honest I am feeling VERY defeated!  I keep texting and calling our friends who swore they would see us there but no one has signed up yet.  I am starting to wonder if we are gonna have any golfers at all.  I understand financially it is a little bit of a strain and it is far away.  It's getting to be crunch time now though.  We will see how it pans out.  Wait and see is not something I am good at.  I keep trying to brain storm other ways to reach people.  I am out of ideas.  Travis has reassured me there is nothing else I can do.  I have done all I can. 

The only bright spot this week is that one of the newspapers in Oswego wants to do a story about BFB and Travis and I.  I am speaking with them Saturday.

Today I am off to Gurnee to try and get some more sponsorships.  Hopefully today will be a more productive day.  Always trying to look on the bright side and remember God has a plan but it's not always mine!.  

No comments:

Post a Comment