Friday, December 7, 2012

7 weeks

Life continues to be busy.  I am still home but did go to work for 4 hours last Saturday which meant daddy had his first stretch of the girls.  Friday night he had to do two bottle feedings and sleep with the girls as well as get up with them in the morning.  Let me tell you it was a chore for me just to get out of the house.  I didn't want to just bottle feed them for that long so I got up and did the 1 3 and 5 am feeding.  I have this fear that if they get to many bottles they won't want the breast.  Stupid I know but true.  So I went to work had to pump before I left just to make sure I was as emptied as I could be.  I had to pump at 10 o'clock and then came home around 12:30.  It felt good to get back to work and I wasn't worried about them because I knew they were with their dad.  Daddy did fine actually they slept almost the whole time for him.  I suggested we switch roles if that's the kind of touch he has.  Then I tried to feed and Mckenna was a little harder to latch on and didn't do her normal 15 minutes.  You guessed it mommy freaked out.  Everything returned back to normal and we are back on track.  I pump 2 to 3 times a day so I have a stash for when I go back to work which is only 3 weeks away.  Scary.  I have transitioned the girls into their crib at about 6 weeks.  Mckenna is a loud sleeper she squaks all night long.  I don't know how Kailey gets any sleep.  I put them both in the same crib for now.  They have sleep positioners so they can't move around to much.  We are working on getting on a schedule.  I go to bed at 8 o'clock and Travis gives them their one bottle of formula. Sometimes they will sleep for 3 or 4 hours sometimes not.  It's a work in progress.

The girls went for their 1 month visit on November 20th.  Kailey weighed 7lbs ond 14oz and was 21.5 inches.  Mckenna weighed 7lbs and 12.5 ounces and is 21 inches long.  Both girls are in the 90th percentile for length.  They are going to be tall like daddy.  The pediatrician was totally impressed they had gained almost 2 lbs in 2 weeks.  Power of a dedicated breastfeeding mom.  I was proud of us all.  

The Rice family wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I don't get write another post. We have the best presents ever!


3 comments:

  1. Javitri Hospital : India's No.1 Test tube baby centre and Ivf centre. Javitri Hospital provides these services very affordable and reliable cost.

    ReplyDelete