Monday, November 12, 2012

3.5 weeks

Everyone is doing great!  Both girls are nursing well and growing stronger by the day.  I am trying to breast feed solely and supplement with formula only at one feeding during the night. Mommy does need some sleep.  It is rare but I like to try for at least one four hour stretch.  Theories are great reality is another thing.  It is no lie breastfeeding is a commitment and takes A LOT of time and patience.  Especially with twins.  It is super important for me to give them all the goods things breastfeeding provides.  I only hope I can keep it up when I go back to work which will be after the first of the year. I am going to do a few days in December just to let everyone transition most of all me.  I am trying to minimize my withdrawl.   In the meantime I pump and store extra so that we have a back up on hand.  Travis has been back to work since the girls were only 5 days old so for the most part I have been on my own during the week.  My mom comes out for a day or two during the week and Travis's sister Darci and mom have helped out during the weekend. Thank god for people who remember what is was like to be sleep deprived and are willing to give you a few hours during the night to get some rest.  I can't thank you guys enough.

Yesterday was a day of firsts for the girls and daddy.    The girls and I went to church with my mom.  I was really looking forward to being able to give praise for our little miracles and show all the people who had prayed for these blessings their cute little faces.  Our senior pastor was at another church but we introduced them to Jill and Steven.  It was a day full of joyful tears as all of our prayers were right there for everyone's eyes to see how great God can be.  I never thought this day would come.  It causes you to reflect deeply about how awesome the power of prayer and God can be! It also makes you think about all the treatments, failed attempts, heartache, tears and deep despair that was our life for six years.  Not gonna lie when Kailey is on her third hour of crying at 1 in the morning I have to remind myself of this. (She's been a little cranky the past couple nights.)  We got home and I needed a nap so I left daddy on his own for a couple hours.  When I woke up and came down stairs I got the full report.  Kailey spit up on him he had changed 5 poppy diapers and they would only take an ounce of the pumped breast milk.  I didn't mean to laugh but I did.  He looked so exhausted and flustered and I couldn't help but say welcome to my world.  Until yesterday he had always had my or someone else's help.

The girls personalities and looks have changed a bit.  Mckenna has now become the more patient one while Kailey has found her lungs and knows how to use them!  Mckenna still has a round face and delicate features while Kailey is more like her dad long and lanky.  You should see the legs on this girl. I called her baby long legs while I was carrying her and she was always kicking my ribs now I know why.   She has some long legs just like daddy.  Both girls have daddy's cute dimples.  They are smiling a little bit and trying to hold their heads up.  It's amazing how quickly they change.

We will be hosting Thanskgiving at our house this year and there is plenty to be thankful for.  What a difference a year can make.


No comments:

Post a Comment