Thursday, October 4, 2012

35 weeks and still going

I am HUGE!!!  Last week I went for ultrasound both girls weigh 4.7 lbs and mom weighs 172.  They are doing great.  I am on weekly monitoring with my doctor at this point.  The doctor says twins usually come between 34 and 36 weeks.  I don't think our girls have any plans of coming anytime soon.  My cervix has started to soften and I am still experiencing some contractions.  Other than that we are doing great.  I am still working I have cut back my work week by just 4 hours so I am still going strong.  Although walking and normal activity is getting harder and harder everyday.  My right ankle is really swollen now almost to the point that I can't get  a shoe on.  I go back to the doctor tommorow so we will see if there is any progress. I have opted to have a c section no matter what.  There are just to many things that can go wrong during a natural birth with twins.  I don't need any emergency situations arising.  If I don't go into labor by Oct 25th we have a c section scheduled.  At that point I would be 38.5 weeks.  21 days and yes I am counting.  I am ready to meet our girls!

It still doesn't seem real that we are going to be parents let alone parents of twins.  Fun Fun.  We did get to have a first hand view of how things go this past weekend. Birdies for Babies golf outing was this weekend and I sat with Katie and her girls for a couple hours while we waited for the golfers to come in.  Her girls are beautiful but oh man can you see what we are in for.  It's going to be a lot of work but we are ready!  Come out and play Kailey and Mckenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment