Wednesday, July 4, 2012

22 weeks

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted.  Life is busy busy.  We have been busy remodeling the basement so that the girls have a play area.  We have now got that under control and Travis has moved to the girls nursery now.  Things are happening and getting very exciting.  I on the other hand have had to slow down quite a bit.  I have been having some dizzy/fainting spills for the past 3 weeks.  So at my 20 week check up they ran a CBC and my iron and hemoglobin came back way low.  My doctor referred me to a hematologist.  I saw him last Friday he drew 10 tubes of blood and I had to go back yesterday for results.  Not everything was in but for the most part everything came back normal.  At this point he suggested I double my iron supplement and if that doesn't work we will have to do IV iron.  He will recheck my levels in a month.  So hears hoping that I can get some energy back.  I am sure this heat doesn't help!  My favorite thing right now is my pool what a relief to cool down and feel weightless for awhile.

Going back a couple of weeks I had my 20 week level 2 ultrasound and everything checked out great.  Both girls are growing and were 9 inches long..  Baby A for right now we will call McKenna Marie weighs 10 ounces.  Baby B who we will call Kaylee Ann weighs 9 ounces.  Both girls show no signs of any genetic abnormalities.  The names are not set in stone but middle names will be these for sure!  Travis's mom's middle name is Marie and my mom's middle name is Ann.  I really wanted to name them Morgan and McKenna but Travis has always loved the name Kaylee plus he didn't want them called M&M.  It is so funny how he thinks about certain things.   That never even crossed my mind.  So we continued to be very blessed and for the most part are having a very healthy pregnancy.  I am seeing my ob every 2 weeks now for cervical checks.  I had a great measurement of 5.9 on my cervix which hopefully will keep preterm labor at bay!

Another exciting thing is happening Birdies for Babies golf outing planning is gearing up.  It brings us back to such an exciting time in our life. Its so hard to believe it's been a year since the Traders have changed our life.  I cannot believe sometimes that this is really my life.  My girls have been brought into this world by so many people's help, support and prayers as well as love its amazing! I can't wait to reunite with all these people in Sept.  Stay cool!  Happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you!! Cant wait to see you! I hope you are feeling better! I know the heat is crazy for me too! September is coming so quickly!! Cant wait for you to meet my girls! haha Our girls will be very close in age!!! :)

    ReplyDelete