Monday, May 28, 2012

My world has suddenly turned VERY

Pink!  Travis and I went for our level 2 ultrasound on Monday May 21st of course we were dying to know the sex if we could.  More importantly I wanted to make sure the babies were healthy.  First thing I asked the tech to do was see the heartbeats so I could relax and enjoy seeing my little miracles.  Everybody was fine.  I just can't ever believe that in about 5 months I will actually be holding my little bundles of joy.  I still am so nervous something will go wrong.  Anyways the tech doing the ultrasound said it looks like we are having 2 girls.  It is still too early to make it official though.  When the doctor came in I asked him to look again to see if he would come up with the same answer.  Not thinking I asked him if he could find a penis for my husband.  He kind of chuckled and said I am pretty that's what got you into this mess in the first place.  After looking he said tell your husband I am sorry.  It looks like only girl parts for you.  I was kind of in shock.  I had had no girl girl dreams I had had boy boy dreams and 1 girl boy dream.  In my head I really thought I was having 2 boys.  I really wanted at least one boy for Travis.  He loves to fish and hunt.  He really is a guys guy.  Plus I guess secretly I wanted one of each as well.  Of course I just wanted/want healthy babies but it would have been nice to have one of each since we are for sure done after these little miracles.  

I was worried about how Travis would feel and he was totally fine with it.  He said they can fish and hunt plus they are gonna be daddies little girls anyway.  Good answer.  The rest of the ultrasound was amazing.  With these level 2 ultrasounds they look at everything brain, femur, spine etc.  Everything looks great and babies weigh about 5 ounces now.  Me on the other hand weighs more than 5 ounces.  On Friday I went to my ob appt for regular routine check up.  I have gained 10 lbs.  which doesn't seem like much except for the fact that you gain it all in your middle section.  I am starting to feel the effects of our little girls on my body.  I am starting to get my baby bump for sure.  It makes it harder to bend and do anything for that matter.  I have been wearing support hose since 8 weeks and thank god because I am starting to get little varicose veins.  I have since switched to medical compression hose to avoid any further damage. HA HA!  I still have acne all over my chest back and face hopefully this sunshine will dry some of it up.  We will see.  I am no where near as tired as I was in the first trimester but I still can take a nap everyday if I can.  I am feeling little flutters but no full blown kicks yet.  Dr said probably around week 20.

Now for the fun stuff.  SHOPPING!  Travis and I have both agreed no matching matching on a daily basis.  We want them each to be their own people.  I am trying to avoid dressing them in all pink as well.  Of course that gets a little hard. I bought another crib, changing table and dresser.  Travis is still busy remodeling the basement for the girls play area and next we will move to the nursery.  He has been slowed down a bit because he dislocated his shoulder hanging drywall 2 weeks ago.  Everything is a work in progress including our little ladies.  Next ultrasound will be June 20th which will be 20 weeks. They will confirm genders at this point and we will hopefully have names picked out by then. 

1 comment: